| Palacio Real de Madrid |
Dear Family,
Hola mamá y papá! ¿Cómo estás? Right now, Sunni and I are exploring our last stop, España!!! Everything here is very different from Taiwan. From the beautiful spoken language to the delicious and amazing cuisines. Today, we went to visit the famous Palacio Real de Madrid. It is one of the most remarkable palaces in Europe! I'm so glad that Sunni and I get to see it! The guided tour was great as well! She told us and the crowd lots of interesting facts about the palace. She also said that it used to be a fortress. But during the Christmas Eve of 1734, it got burned down. That was when the king of Spain at that time, King Philip V, decided to build a palace instead of rebuilding the fortress. The great Palace is made of granite and limestone to make it fireproof! Isn't that smart!!! The palace was constructed in 1938 and it took twenty-six years to finish. But that's not all, the beautiful rooms inside the palace took one hundred years to finish decorating. The tour guide also guided us to see the Salón del Trono, which is the Throne Room. That room was probably my favorite room out of all the room because it had Tiepolo ceiling and the walls were the color of crimson velvet. Oh, I just wish you could see these amazing and dazzling rooms. Well, I will see you soon after Sunni and I eat another yummy plate of paella!!! And did I mention that Spanish food is so delicious? ¡Hasta luego!
Love From,
Yiping Tseng
P.S. If you don't understand any Spanish in this postcard, you can translate it with google translate!
Did you eat any famous cuisines in spain?
ReplyDeleteAlso, that is a beautiful picture!
Yes, I ate paella!!
DeleteWait, I'm confused. Did the King order for the reconstruction of a palace in the 1734 or in 1938?
ReplyDeleteThe King order for the reconstruction of a palace in 1938.
Deletewhat a beautiful place
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteHI Yi-Ping! I really enjoyed your postcard. However I do have a question. What was the motivation for the people who burned down the Palacio Real de Madrid to burn it down? By the ways, you guys did a great job.
ReplyDeleteThere wasn't any motivation for the people who burned the Palacio Real de Madrid down. Thank you for your compliment Aaron!!
DeleteSpain seems really cool! However, what is a Tiepolo ceiling?
ReplyDeleteIt is very cool!! Tiepolo is a very famous Italian painter. He painted and decorated the ceiling that emphasizes on the Rococo period.
DeleteIn your last sentence, what is a paella? And also, great explanation of this beautiful place!
ReplyDeleteThank you and a paella is a Spanish dish of rice, seafood and chicken served in a pan that is shallow.
DeleteFor a moment there, I thought the whole postcard was in Spanish. Now that would be interesting.
ReplyDeleteAs for the rest of the blog, I have only one thing to say:
"Vegeta, what does the scouter say on this blog's education level?"
"It's over 9 000!"
What does the Spanish thing say?
ReplyDeleteIt says "Hi mom and dad! How are you?" and the last sentence said "Bye"
Delete